Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I T Girl

So this post has been long time coming, just that I didn't really want to. So most of you know that I had a flourishing career as a journalist in India, more than a decade ago, and then I moved to Germany. And that was THE END of what I always though I would do for the rest of my LIFE.

Okay so once the shock settled in that I can't be a journalist no more (I clearly hadn't thought this through when I got married and got swept into the romance of moving and exploring a new country)

And then 2 years later, I do a training in SAP and luckily land an internship in the same field. By now having not worked for almost 3 years, I was just kicked about going out each day and say that I finally could work!!!!
I obviously didn't think this through either, would I be any good at IT work (wasn't half bad), would it be something that I enjoyed (again not half bad).

But did I love waking up everyday and having a purpose! YES!
did I love getting dressed up as a consultant (fake it till you make it) everyday; HELL YES!
And more than that, even though I constantly crib about the struggle, the travel, the terrible German food in the canteen...I am more grateful than ever.

To be independent, to have interaction with international colleagues, to contribute, even though I might not be the best in my field.

Once upon a time, I was a journalist, on my way to be the best.
But now, being in the IT field, I know I will probably never be the best, and the struggle will always be there. But at the end of the day, its the struggles that make me who I am.



0 Annotations: